Thursday, August 13, 2009

September Newsletter

Friends -- as you may know I have revamped the Divine Science website to reflect recent influx in my reading and a shift in my thinking. The Website was renamed: Divine Science Today. As I returned to reading the work of Margaret Laird, via the Laird Letters I was struck by the value to today in the Margaret Laird, John M. Dorsey collaboration. It was as if two currents of high voltage thought-energy connected and lights went on for me. Dr. Dorsey was Dean of the Department of Psychiatry, Wayne State University, Detroit. As a medical doctor and psychiatrist he evolved a conceptual view of individuality that is very refreshing. Margaret Laird was (in my opinion) the clearest articulator of Christian Science or scientific metaphysics of our day. Her paraphrase of the writings of Mary Baker Eddy is very valuable. A friend introduced Mrs. Laird to the book, Living Consciously: The Science of Self, co-authored by Dr. Dorsey and Dr. Walter Seegers, Dean of the Department of Physiology, Wayne State and on reading it Mrs. Laird felt they were voicing the same idea, each in their own language. She sent him a copy of her book, Christian Science Re-Explored and thus began a long and fruitful association between a Christian Science teacher and a medical doctor educator. You might find the words of Dr. Dorsey describing his discovery of Christian Science, which I have reprinted on the front page of the website, astonishing.
As I came to appreciate what this association means, I felt it spoke to "today." I am at work writing a newsletter for the website for September, entitled "Today." My plan is to write an October newsletter on "Science" and a November newsletter on "Divine." This will amplify the new name: Divine Science Today. I hope you will read these and share comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment